Andy Brooks is an independent security consultant who has been providing specialist advice to national and international clients since establishing TeleVigil Security and Compliance Consultants in 2008.
He started his adult life in the Metropolitan Police where he served two years before entering the security industry working for companies including Larkins Security Systems, Taylor Lock Company, Sight and Sound Video Systems (Orbis PLC), Perimeter Security Group and Honeywell Building Solutions before trading as TeleVigil Security and Compliance Consultants.
He has been engaged many times to identify risks and provide solutions in respect of physical security and facility management issues and is involved in determining Operational Requirement efficacy for many organisations operating surveillance and security systems.
He has been devoted to the improvement of knowledge in the security industry and has attended courses and attained status as a TUV Rheinland Certified Security Manager and is studying to become a certified Data Protection Practitioner with a view to provide “Confidence through Competence” to his clients. He has been security screened and vetted through both the Criminal Records Bureau and enhanced criminal record check.
Consultancy Service capabilities include:
- Security and vulnerability risk assessments
Physical security system performance assessment, efficacy and information asset compliance audits and supply of product and support service ensuring compliance with Data Protection Act and Protection of Freedom Act.
- Writing Operational requirement, operational policy & security strategy.
Design and implementation of physical security measures which may include physical perimeter security, perimeter intruder detection, hardening, lighting, intruder detection, CCTV, ANPR, thermal imaging technology, analytics, access control, VOIP, RFID asset management, hostile vehicle mitigation, integration, control room design.
- Preparation of tender documentation, procurement process and evaluation, project management, testing and commissioning.
- Compliance-Plus service, a leading CCTV/Video surveillance/ANPR/EACS DPA compliance product and audit service developed by Televigil, which is the preferred choice of many organisations.
His responsibilities, advice and consultancy have been provided to high technology and research laboratories, universities, petrochemical, CNI sites, financial, real estate organisations and companies within the security sector. A sample of which appear below:
- Advisor to British Parking Association and author of CCTV in Car Parking facilities.
- Consultant to Calmac Ferries Ltd.
- Consultant to Petrofac Ltd.
- Consultant to Ipsen Pharmaceutical.
- Consultant to Nationwide Building Society.
- Consultant to Total Exploration and Petroleum.
- Consultant to Aspers Casino Group Ltd.
- Consultant to Workman Facilities Management.
- Consultant to Vision Security Group Ltd
- Consultant to the Airbus Industries.
- Consultant to Leeds Beckett University.
- Consultant to University of St. Andrews.
- Consultant to NSI & SSAIB security system and service companies that want to ensure they or their clients operate security systems in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, Protection of Freedom Act 2012 and EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
For more information on consultancy or audits, please contact me:
Telephone: +44 (0)7773 291931