ANNBURR Consulting was founded in 2017, to provide independent, relevant, professional advice & guidance on designing out crime. ANNBURR aim to:
- Promote crime prevention & community safety in the built environment.
- Recognise that the context of every project is different.
- Work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders.
- Help clients to create safer developments and places for people.
Ann Burroughs has acquired significant expertise in assessing crime risk and designing out crime. She trained at the Home Office - Crime Reduction College and College of Policing, then worked for 14 years in London, as a specialist Metropolitan Police, Crime Prevention Design Adviser (CPDA) and Designing out Crime Officer (DOCO).
Ann is experienced in delivering unbiased ‘Designing out Crime, Security, CPTED, SBD & BREEAM’ advice to property owners, planners, architects & developers. With a record of successfully influencing a variety of development and regeneration projects to secure safer community living. (Inner and Greater London Boroughs)
She is a Licensed Secured by Design (SBD) Consultant, Suitably Qualified Security Specialist (SQSS) compliant for BREEAM Hea 06 'Security Needs Assessments' (SNAs) and an elected Associate of the Royal Town Planning Institute (Assoc RTPI).
- Adept at conducting relevant security audits for the site and vicinity, local crime risk assessments and crime prevention design critiques.
- Focusing on reducing vulnerability to crime and anti-social behaviour to promote security and community safety.
- Informing feasibility, design / specification development and enable the incorporation of effective, convenient security.
Consult early to promote ongoing sustainability, reduce the likelihood of retro-fix measures and minimise potential for costly surprises or incompatibility issues!
Independent academic research has shown that the early incorporation of Design out Crime measures including SBD principles and testing standards, will reduce the likelihood of crime occurring and enhance sustainability.