ANNBURR Consulting was founded in 2017, to provide independent, professional advice and guidance, promoting crime prevention in the built environment:
- Recognising that every project is different.
- Working collaboratively with clients and stakeholders.
- Helping to create safer developments and places for people.
Ann Burroughs has has significant knowledge and expertise of assessing crime risk and designing out crime. Trained by the Home Office and College of Policing, she worked as a specialist Police Designing out Crime (DOCO) and Crime Prevention Design Adviser (CPDA) for 14 years in London.
Ann is experienced in delivering unbiased ‘Designing out Crime, CPTED, SBD & BREEAM’ advice to property owners, planners, architects & developers, and has a record of successfully influencing development and regeneration projects to secure safer community living.
She is a Licensed Secured by Design (SBD) Consultant, Suitably Qualified Security Specialist (SQSS) compliant for BREEAM Hea 06 'Security Needs Assessments' (SNAs) and an Associate of the Royal Town Planning Institute and is:
- Adept at conducting crime risks assessments, environmental and security audits and design critiques, to reduce vulnerability and promote community safety.
- Consultations will inform feasibility and design development and enable project teams to incorporate effective, convenient security into the development.
Early consultation will promote ongoing sustainability and help the developer to minimise potential for costly suprises and incompatibility issues. It will also reduce the likelihood of retro-fix measures that can be, vulnerable to damage, misuse and increase the risk of anti-social behaviour or crime.
Independent research has shown that the early incorporation of Design out Crime measures including SBD principles and testing standards, will reduce the likelihood of crime occurring and enhance sustainability.