Gordon Herrald Associates was established in 1985 as a Security Engineering Consultancy with specific expertise in all aspects and areas of integrated security/ management systems - Networks, Access Control, CCTV, Intruder, Fire, and Locking. Special emphasis has always been placed on requirements for management procedures, the user interface and minimising total cost of ownership (TCO). Client list includes national and commercial banks, international communication, oil, gas and industrial organisations, hospitals, transport, national and local government departments.
• Strategies/ corporate security policy
• Contractual and project management
• System specifications: Electronic (access control, biometrics, smart cards, CCTV, intruder alarm systems
• Specifications: physical (perimeter, vaults, doors, windows), operational control rooms, emergency and standby power.
• Risk assessment
• Expert reports
• Manned Guarding – job analysis and specifications
• Disaster recovery/ business continuity procedures/ reports - IT networks
• Control room design
• Audits, reviews & cost estimates
• Maintenance specifications
• Counter surveillance sweeps
• Market Research
• Special devices design service
Gordon has qualifications in Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering, matched with a good balance between commercial/ contractual awareness, technical knowledge and ability gained over 40 years. After many years service with a market leader in security systems gaining wide and in-depth experience in all aspects of large security projects, he identified the market need for impartial security advice from technically competent consultants.
Office: 01342 822927
Membership and Associates
Member of British Standards committees: GW/1/11 'Alarm receiving centres' (BS EN50518) and GW/1/8 ‘Access Control’ (BS EN/IEC 60839)
Member and technical expert of IEC Work Group TC 79 PT 60839-11 for the development of an ISO standard for access control systems.
Member and ex Vice Chairman and Board member of the Association of Security Consultants.
Joint Winner, 2010, The Imbert Prize - The Security Associations’ Award
Member of CCTV National Standards Forum (CNSF)
Associate member of the Electrical Contractors Association (ECA)
Gordon regularly networks with leading UK experts in other security and technical fields.
Trustee of the International Association for Human Values (UK); a UN affiliated NGO and registered UK charity.
Gordon is the originator of several published papers, participated in a TV documentary re. 11/9 and has project experience extending beyond the UK to Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East, the Far East and North America.